A history of our practice.
The summer after completing his periodontics residency at Northwestern University, Dr. Lindman opened our first office on Brynwood Drive in Rockford, Illinois, July 7, 1987. The Brynwood office, Periodontics of Rockford, had three treatment rooms, two staff members, and long lunches between patients. For the first few years, Dr. Lindman worked with a number of Chicago area dental groups while building the Rockford practice. After 10 years of steady growth, the Brynwood office was becoming a bit cramped for staff and patients alike.
In April of 1996, ground was broken for a bigger office at 1075 Featherstone Road. Construction was completed by early fall and we began seeing patients in early November 1996.
By 2005, it became apparent that Dr. Lindman would need help in treating the growing number of patients coming through the office. A search was undertaken to seek out the right doctor. After multiple recommendations that lead to the same person, Dr. Jeffrey Burch was hired and began treating patients on July 15, 2006. By the following year, it was obvious that Dr. Burch was a good fit; he became a partner in 2007. At the same time, our office was moved next door to a new larger facility at 1055 Featherstone Road, Suite B.
In early 2009, patient flow from the Dixon/Sterling area was growing and inquiries were made as to any interest Periodontics of Rockford had in opening an office locally. Dr. Burch took on the project with enthusiasm and in November of 2009, he began treating patients in our third location, Dixon, partnered with a local endodontist.
In early 2005, while interviewing Dr. Burch at Southern Illinois University, Dr. Burch introduced Dr. Lindman to a senior dental student as “our next partner”. Possibly a bit optimistic, since Dr. Burch had yet to be hired, but that “next partner”, Dr Brandon Hull, indeed became the newest and 3rd partner at Periodontics of Rockford in the fall of 2014.
During the three years leading up to Dr. Hull’s partnership, both Dr. Burch and Dr. Hull developed a new fourth office in Janesville, Wisconsin. This practice was initially partnered with another dental specialty practice but with the purchase of Dr. Anthony Urlakis’ periodontal practice; it was moved to a newly renovated office on Main Street in downtown Janesville in late 2013. This new office was named Periodontics & Implant Dentistry of Janesville and is currently staffed by Dr. Hull and Dr. Rivas.
Over the past 27 years, Periodontics of Rockford and Periodontics & Implant Dentistry of Janesville has grown to include 4 doctors, 31 support staff at 3 locations. More than 40,000 dental surgeries have been performed and over 12,000 dental implants have been placed. Our Rockford office is home base for Drs. Lindman, Burch and Hull.